Personal Project Proposal

 

Idea 1: For idea 1 I was thinking of making a series of shirts inspired by different forms of art that make me feel certain emotions. Ideally I was thinking of 3 shirts that explore pocket placement in unconventional positions. While my main goal is to embroider different flowers on each shirt. I would like to emphasize that each flower and shirt play different roles. Each flower will be based off the emotions i feel from each piece of inspiration I research. Whether it be a song, poem or other shirts.

 





Ideally I would like to use the color blue, and white and use different methods of shibori to achieve different patterns. Yellow flowers make happy, purple ones make me feel euphoric, and blue ones make me feel neutral so those flowers will portray my moods on each shirt.


Idea 2: For my second idea I would like to explore the same concept of unorthodox or convenient pocket placement but within blankets. I would like to think of these blankets being a "helper" to everyday lounge activities but stylish. I dont want to make it a snuggie but more so an over all traditional blanket that has pockets on it but with cool patterns. 




For material i will try to find a soft cotton fabric that I will dye for over 24 hours and hand sew pockets onto them. I will also try to experiment with fabric glue if it is easier. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dye session 1 Process

Surface Design Pattern Final work