Process Book




   For the 2nd piece of cloth that I dyed pictured at the bottom right I folded the square cloth in half and then folded one have into a triangle and rolled it up completely until it looked like mini burrito. I used 2 cups of water, 1/2 a tablespoon of turmeric and boiled it for 5 minutes. For the 3rd one I used 4 cups of water, 2 1/2 tablespoons of turmeric and boiled for 10 mins. I did not fold this piece of cloth I only crumbled it up and through it in to boil. For the 1st dyed piece of fabric I used 4 cups of fabric, 4 tbsp of turmeric and boiled for  5 minutes. For this boil I folded it into as many triangles as I could. For the final piece of fabric I used 2 cups of water and one table spoon of turmeric and boiled for 5 minutes. I folded this piece into as many squares as I could. I think that my favorites so far are the first and the 3rd one. The 3rd one is the darkest one that came out and I'm really digging this color. 



This is the first half of the fold I used for the 2nd piece of fabric I dyed in tumeric 




In thhis picture I experimented with 2 pieces of cloth and avocado pits. I made sure the avocado pits were below the cloths. The first cloth I left in for 10  minutes and the second for 15 minutes. I used 3 cups of water and 3 peels of avocado pits and once the time was up  took out one peel to see if it would still be lighter even if it were boiled for longer. My colors did not vary much so I may have to try compeltely different ratios.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dye session 1 Process

Surface Design Pattern Final work